Forming Your Faith over a Lifetime
The goals of faith formation have changed very little over the 2,000 years of the Christian tradition. Today, most Christian churches have very similar goals for faith formation. While they may express it uniquely in terms particular to their faith tradition, Christian churches want faith formation that helps people . . .
- grow in their relationship with God throughout their lives
- live as disciples of Jesus Christ at home, in the workplace, in the community and the world
- develop an understanding of the Bible and their particular faith tradition
- deepen their spiritual life and practices
- engage in service and mission to the world
- relate the Christian faith to life today
- participate in the life and ministries of their faith community
This section of the Faith Formation at St. Martin's Episcopal Church will address subjects specific to the various age groups in the menu in the upper left of this page. Click below on your age group to see what articles there are for you.